Saturday, December 01, 2007

Sometimes the world seems stacked against single people

There is a book called Making the Cat Laugh which talks about how, in our society, if you are single, you are on the margins of our social world. I have to admit, it is something that I find true enough. Today, however, my kitchen was beating up on me. I wanted pancakes for breakfast but my recipe, when halved, still makes about twice what I can eat in one sitting. And I do not want pancake tomorrow as well. So I am doing that single urban thing and having a store bought bagel and coffee for breakfast.

But because I have company coming, I brought it home and am eating it while I type this. (I should be vacuuming the office/guest room.) But because this is not a proper city, I had to drive to get said bagel.

Sigh.

No comments: