Sunday, December 16, 2007

Knitting is Art

The other day, the rabbi was talking about wishing that he could get people enthused about having Jewishly infused artistic lives. I thought about all of the wonderful artists I know, and said, sort of sadly, I wish I had an art. He looked at me like I had grown an extra head all of a sudden. "You knit," he said.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Beautiful!

Melissa said...

Right on Rabbi! :) And you're a writer ... that's two arts!

Greta_Jane said...

In point of fact, I am also a quilter, though I am one without a fully functioning sewing machine right now and so I am not an active quilter.

Mostly, what I like about this is that the rabbi is, as far as I know, not a knitter. Also (and I can't see the post, so I don't remember if I said this) a guy.