Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oh, Christmas Tree

It turn out that a former Sunday School teacher of mine and her husband have donated this year's tree to Rockefeller Center. My mom is very excited to personally know the tree. She is also very relieved that it has been cut down as it was a threat to their house. I am always sad when trees get cut, and more so when they are not from tree farms. But I am glad that if this tree had to go, it gets to go in a blaze of glory.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Eli's dad cut down an 80+ year old tree in the back yard the other day -- shook the whole house shook and I felt a little sad. Quite an honor to know the Rockefeller tree!

Melissa said...

That could be read shook the whole house, or the whole house shook ... take your pick ... LOL.

teresa said...

I saw it yesterday, and it is a pretty spectacular way for a tree to spend its final days.