Thursday, December 20, 2007

Since Knitting is Art

I decided to be a bit more careful than I often am. You will notice, below, that there is an error in my cable. (I would draw those nifty little arrows that the Yarn Harlot uses, but I, well, don't know how.) You will notice that I then kept going anyway.



But, since knitting is art, and since I have the potential, in all aspects of my life except housework, to be a crazy perfectionist, I ripped it back and re-knit. (By the way, please notice that the hat band is lying on top of an ungraded exam.)



Okay, so I also was not a crazy perfectionist about the photo, which is kind of blurry. this is easy to understand if you realize that it is lying on top of a large, graded stack of exams and was taken at about 2am, when it is dark. And I was tired, so apparently, no flash. But the point is, in the space of an evening, and an evening of much grading at that, I was able to far more than recoup my frogging losses.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That photo is a great representation of 3am grading papers and knitting, a little blurry. My dad's wife, knitter extraorindiare, says, if you can't see the mistake while driving past it at 50 mph then you can be gentle with yourself. :) I love that!

Lazuli said...

The start to the hat looks very nice!! Even when blurry. :-)