Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Yummy Food

I must be feeling better. I made something truly yummy, kind of by mistake, to use up wilted spinach. But it was great. This is adapted from a recipe that my ex's mom made for Pesach in 2003. The adaptions are that she used mushrooms in the filling, which I don't really like so well, and that I used breadcrumbs instead of matzah meal. There were other littler changes as well. But it was good.

Saute shallots and garlic in olive oil. Once they are translucent, add spinach. Wilt it. Mix in cubed felt cheese. I did all of this a day aahead and set it aside. Then, use the filling as the center to flounder rolls. Pack the rolls into a baking dish. Top with breadcrumns, garlic butter, and parm. Bake for about 25 minutes until the fish is cooked and everything is bubbly.

No comments: