Friday, February 02, 2007
Food Obession
I have a new food obsession, recently discovered at the home of my friend A. Sometime before classes started, A had me over for lunch, and she made tempeh Rueben. Now, once, many years ago, before I was a vegetarian, I went to visit my aunt and uncle. They were vegetarians and they tried to feed 12 year old me a tempeh Rueben: bad idea. It was a sandwich that was going to involve tempeh and sauerkraut, which were, as far as I was concerned, two of the grossest foods on the planet. And so now, lo these many, many years later, I had never tried such a thing since. When A emailed me and announced that tempeh Rueben sandwiches were on the menu, I strongly considered asking her to serve something else. But I did not. I claimed never to have eaten them before and expressed excitement to try them. And now I am obsessed. Utterly obsessed. I ate one for dinner last night. I ate one for lunch today. I own something like a pound of kosher sauerkraut. It is absolutely insane!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, are you going to share the recipe? Are the ingredients kosher?
Post a Comment