Thursday, February 08, 2007

More on the neighbor

So, in my previous entry about mmy neighbor and the noise, I think that I mentioned that I can hear every step she takes.. Lately, I have noticed that I can hear her music as well. But this evening, there was yelling. It also sounded like things were getting knocked over. If I had to guess, I would say that a 4 or 5 year old was having a meltdown, knocking things over, and screaming on the floor, kicking. Now, I am not positive about that, but it was extremely noisy. And I could hear music from upstairs. Normally, I would be pretty understanding about these things. My friend JR is about 5 and he melts down. (In fact, I think his parents have decided to have their next apartment be on the first floor, to avoid just this problem.) But considering how annoying my neighbor has been about my noise levels, I did think it was ironic that the noise from upstairs made it impossible for me to read in my office and upset Greta so much that she climbed on my lap, whimpering and whining.

3 comments:

Lazuli said...

What a strange situation! I feel like I've never heard of such thin walls, but then I could just be blocking out unsavory experiences.

By the way, do I know your friend the Scholar Mom, or am I just imagining things?

Greta_Jane said...

You know Scholar Mom/Kosher Academic.

KosherAcademic said...

That MUST be really noisy, if it sounded like J.R. Although the meds are going pretty well (for now) and he's calmed down quite a bit. But still his creative, lovely, adorable and develish self.

Hi Lazuil :-) I just read some of your blog and posted on it!