Saturday, February 10, 2007

Recipe Help

So I volunteered to bake a birthday cake for a friend of mine. Her favorite kind of cake is chocolate, wiith chocolate icing. Now, I do not have a recipe that I am particularly wedded to in the chocolate cake department. I have a couple that are pretty good, but nothing utterly spectacular. Any ideas?

4 comments:

kj said...

don't laugh: i use a betty crocker choc. cake mix with white butter frosting and people rave about it.
even i love it bigtime!

ps nice look to your blog!

:)

Anonymous said...

there's a great vegan chocolate-rum pudding cake in the "Vegan with a Vengeance" cookbook. Let me know if you want it.

Greta_Jane said...

ES, I would love it!

KosherAcademic said...

I am laughing, kj, but only because I know what you mean. I used to make the cakes from scratch, and no one said "boo". Then I used a Duncan Hines (Kosher-pareve, or it was until recently) and everyone loved it.

Greta, you may want to do the above. I would also recommend searching on cookinglight.com - they have fab recipes that are rated (read the reviews, they tend to be helpful).