Tuesday, February 13, 2007
A New Approach
While I realize that this post may have many of you thinking, somewhat sacrastically, "Oh, poor you," but I have been spending most of my mornings in my pajamas. You see, I have been being more dresssed up for school and I have not wanted to hang out around my house in dryclean only clothing that would get covered in dog hair. So I have simply not been getting dressed until it was time to leave at 11 or 12. Instead, I have been doing my reading in my pajamas. Now, you would think that this would be very nice. But in fact, I am wondering if it has been part of what has been making me depressed. So I have a new approach. I am getting dressed in comfy around the house clothing and then changing into dressy cloths before I leave. We will see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have a new plan that I'm working on, too!
I get up 6-7, go for a jog or to the gym for an hour or so, then come home to shower, have breakfast etc. By the time I'm ready it's 9 or 930, so I'm now trying to get to school or to a coffee shop between 930 and 10. It's working moderately well...
The real trick for me is to NOT check my email and get on the internet before I leave the house. (Of course this means that I sometimes miss e-mails canelling class, but that's ok, because I'm already in "productive" mode and will just work through class time).
Staying around the house makes me feel the need to either clean something or "just finish this cup of coffee" before I start work.
I've also found that I work significantly better under supervision - like when I'm accountable to a deadline or have meetings with my advisor.
Anyway... I'm off to the office!
This is not a bad idea. Have you heard about flylady (http://flylady.com/)? It's a cleaning-kind of website, but one of her big things is to get up and dressed, including TIE SHOES. Now I subscribe to the getting up and dressed = more productive/feeling better about yourself, but besides my running shoes, I'm not sure if I have any shoes that tie. I just can't handle the tie-factor to which she subscribes...but regardless, the idea is the same.
So good for you :-)
Is the fly lady the one who says to put on shoes in the house rather than slippers so that you feel more up and about? Some of my college friends read her at one point, don't know if they still do. But that's what I thought when I read this post.
yep. that is her.
Post a Comment