Friday, November 02, 2007

Inefficient

I have been feeling terribly inefficient lately--just feel like I am demonstrating crappy time management sills. As a result, I have decided to post a list of things that I have gotten accomplished each day. The hope is partly to keep track and therefore demonstrate to myself that I am getting stuff done. Additionally, I am hoping that knowing that I am announcing what I did will keep my from reading a mystery novel all day (though I am not doing that either--it is more that I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.)

So anyway, to that end, today I:
mailed a lesson report form to the tutoring folks
fixed a problem with the e-reserves for the class I am co-teaching
posted a reading to the website in case e-reserves did not fix the thing
emailed my advisor
emailed a completed draft of my share of a syllabus to my co-teacher for next term
emailed the same professor about a writing assignment
fed and walked the dog the appropriate number of times
attended a 4 hour long grant writing workshop
had lunch with a friend
bought and hung a bulletin board
emailed a student
scheduled tutoring with a new student
started to draft a syllabus that is one of my exams (about 1 hour)
made butternut squash risotto (hopefully enough to feed me for several days)
had dinner with a friend
attended a violin and piano concert
blogded
did half an hour of housework

All in all, it was about 6 hours of school work, not counting the lunch with a friend, which was all shop talk, 1 hour of work for money, and some house stuff. Not bad. Some things that I did not do include:

read for exams
swim
write

No comments: