Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Conversion

A date for my conversion has been set: January 11th. I should be a bit more specific--my community does a erev Shabbat celebration of conversion and so that will be January 11th. Hopefully (though not definately) the mikveh will be earlier in the day. My birthday will be on Sunday. I am looking forward to having the 2 celebrations together, so as soon as actually mikveh time is settled, I will send out an official invitation. Several friends have said that they would like to be here and I plan to invite what I think of as the core of my family. We will see who can make it.

5 comments:

Lazuli said...

I'll make a note of it!

Anonymous said...

dude- i keep trying to call you but your mailbox is full!!!!

Hannah said...

Mazel tov! Being in the mikveh during my conversion was an incredibly intense moment for me. Every year on the seventh day of Hanukkah, I celebrate my anniversary. I hope it feels as wonderful to you.

KosherAcademic said...

Glad the date is set - keep us updated on the mikvah date!!

kris said...

Congrats--how exciting.