
Pattern: Ann Norling Kid's Fruit Cap
Needles: Size 5 DPNs
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino for the red and merino for the green.
It is, I believe, washable.
So, E and I were admiring my handiwork when she, proving once again that in her heart of hearts she is a 15 year old boy, pointed out that the hat looked like a breast. I have threatened (offered?) to make her child, should, God willing, she have one, a boob bonnet: the strawberry hat done in boob colors. She thought that would be a riot--the hat might never leave the house, but that it could be the official nursing cap. Since her house is a kind of drafty New England home, I am sure an at home only cap could be useful.
Now, here is the problem: as was once pointed out to me by a boyfriend (?) with a thing for boobs and easy internet access, they come in all different colors. Duh, since so do people. But anyway, shall I go for crayola "flesh" and the corresponding nipple color? Any votes?
2 comments:
Hahah! Now that is funny. I would think that if the point is to make a boob hat, that a color scheme corresponding to human colors would be appropriate!
hello! if you are with oldest friend k this weekend, maybe we'll see you at our art fair.
i couldn't call you back a couple of weeks ago. our hands were full nonstop!
:)
Post a Comment