Thursday, July 26, 2007

Finished Object

Here is the baby blanket, laid out on my parents' front lawn. It will be mailed to its destination tomorrow. Lazuli, would you make sure that it gets collected by its new owners?



Stats on the blanket:
Organic Cotton Baby Blanket, from Mac and Me Patterns.
Made out of Plymouth Encore Mega, which is a wool/acrylic blend. The pattern was knit on number 13 needles and modified quilt a bit (the gauge was not right, but hey, it is a blanket) and it is supposed to have a border of cloth, but I could not get the stitches to knit up loosely enough, so I went with tassels.

5 comments:

Lazuli said...

Oooh, it's cute! Are you sending it to me or to them?

Greta_Jane said...

Either way. I am mailing it tomorrow, I think. Which would be better? (Do you have a home address for them?)

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! The blanket looks awesome- and I lobve the tassels!!!

X. said...

your knitting is so beautiful!! where did you learn to do projects like that??? i can still only do scarves... and potholders. :)

-college roommate

Elizabeth from the Berkshires said...

CR: Basically, I taught (or helped teach) Lazuli to knit and then was ashamed when she got way better than me. Besides, this blanket is basically a VERY Big poholder. You could totally do this.

---Greta Jane from Elizabeth's account (oops!)