Saturday, March 15, 2008

Going to Crack Under the Strain

I am pretty damn sure that I do not have the basic constitution required to get through the next 3 weeks. I have an exam a week for the next 4 weeks, which really comes out to be a three week period, given how the tests happen to fall. I am not sure that I am going to be able to survive the strain. I need to review, I need to accept that if I don't know it by now, I probably will not know it at all, I need to calm down. I am putting all of this out there in public for several reasons.

1) Lazuli is away for the weekend and is unreachable by phone.

2) Knitting Angel is at a conference.

3) I googled my name, got 31 hits and none of them came back to this blog.

2 comments:

X. said...

i hear you! a lot of my friends up north here are in this position, too. i don't know why phd programs do this - what are they testing? not any real-world, something that-is-actually-needed-to-do-your-future-profession skills! it sucks. i'm sorry. you already know a lot and you will do your best, and then it will be OVER! you've presented at so many conferences, won so many awards/fellowships/accolades, the world thinks you're capable, and i know your department does, too.

i'll be thinking of you.

- college rmmate

Lazuli said...

I'm home now! I see it's tomorrow? You're going to rock its socks off! And then the mystery will be gone , which will leave you feeling a little bit better about the rest of 'em.