
And there is is, the afore mentioned sock yarn accident. You will notice that these yarns are not actually identical--one is the Mountain Colors Bearfoot and the other is a Schaffer Yarn hand dyed batch. But really, how similar are they. I can't even claim that I did not know as the sock was in my purse when I made the purchase. Apparently, however, there is enough of the Schaffer to make knee socks, so I may have to learn to do calf increases.
Somewhere in the mountains, Lazuli is looking at the colors of that yarn and laughing herself sick at my predictablity.
5 comments:
2 things....1.) Is that the mountain colors on the left? it looks mohair-y like mountain colors. :)
2.) Have you swatched the schaeffer yet? If it is Schaeffer Anne, I found it to be very thin. I think I started to knit socks with it on size 0s, and then decided to do a lace shawl instead.
Pretty! And you're right, sock yarn doesn't count. :)
I love the colors, and I think they make for a fabulous sock yarn accident.
Um, wow. That's an amazing match!! Beyond predictable... but utterly perfect, if you're going to have a sock yarn accident!! :-)
I agree w/ teresa - sock yarn doesn't count!
N, yes it is the Anne. I will have to take a look at how it knits up and possibly buy a set of 0s. And the one that is half knit is the mountain colors.
Post a Comment