2 days ago, I got an order from KnitPicks, of 2 circular needles for magic loop and 2 sets of dpns. A magic loop and dpn set in each of the #1 gradations. Today, I started magic looping a sock that I was working on and discovered that the join was terrible. The yarn kept catching. How wierd, I thought. I have used other Knitpicks needles and they are great. So I called. They are sending me a new needle. They asked nothing of me--I do not have to send the old one back, I have no forms to fill out. How amazing is that?
BTW, a reflection on sock knitting: I have always been a wooden needle kind of person, but for socks, I just can't do it. They bend too much and the friction makes me crazy. Change in knitting style, I suppose. The other thing I have decided is that I prefer DPNs to magic loop, unless I am dragging the sock with me everywhere I go. Then I prefer the magic loop. It is less to keep track of and I never drop a needle and have it make a loud noise.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been pleased with their service, too. I think that over time, knitting on little sock-sized needles has turned me from a tight knitter to a loose one, interestingly enough.
Post a Comment