Saturday, September 09, 2006

Very Upset

I am very upset. For 2 reasons. The first is that I spent an hour and a half this evening looking, not for my glasses, which I would fine excusable, but for a paair of glasses frames. "What?" you say. "Why would you do that?" I put on a pair of glasses this evening to watch a movie and remembered why I stopped wearing glasses about a year ago. They must be crooked. They make me ill. Well, around Christmas, I bought the cutest pair of frames--kind of cat's paw, kind of wire rimmed, kind of (get this) purple. But then, being a broke grad student took over and I never had lenses put in. It was time, I decided, sitting there,with the options of feeling ill or being unable to read the subtitles. And the frames are gone, gone I tell you. They are no where to be found.

But in the process of looking, I pulled the dresser away from the wall in my bedroom, getting to reason number 2 that I am so upset. There is mold growing up the wall behind my dresser. This was mold discovery number 3 since getting back a month ago. The bathroom, 2 closets, and now this. I do not have time to look for glasses and battle mold that is trying to eat my house, god dammit.

I have shit to read.

5 comments:

kris said...

oh dear goodness!! sorry about the glasses, but the mold is a HUGE issue. do you think it's something about the apartment, or did the subletter suddenly become the subletter from hell??

kj said...

hope your landlord (?) sends out a mold fixer asap.

welcome back to the land of blogs. how was your summer?!

kj

kj said...

hello! let me know your email address and i'll email back with my address....

Greta_Jane said...

Actually, I got it from Kris!

Greta_Jane said...

As for the mold, I don't think it is scary black mold. I think it is simply too much humidity summer mold. I think that my subletters were delighted at how cool my place stays over the summer, what with being an inner unit, and did not turn the AC on. But the south is VERY humid and so mold came into my closet and behind my dresser. I have been washing down the walls with 10% bleach solution and that seems to be working. The mold does not seem to be coming back.

KJ, sadly, I am my landlord. For all K and I talk about sublettors, that is force of habit. It is a condo, so it is my headache!