Sunday, February 24, 2008

10 Things I Will Do After Exams

Hey all,

So I seem to be too stressed out to knit. I have cast on about 5 things and can't seem to work on any of them, rip them back out, get distracted by wanting to knit. I have some post exam plans, let me tell you.

1) I am (hopefully) going to go visit Knitting Angel. We will go spinning wheel shopping, watch TV, and knit. (Those are the plans. I will note that she will probably also feed me well, though those plans have not been articulated.) BTW, she is laughing now.
2) My new friend and I are going to have a Gilmore Girls marathon, during which I will knit. A lot.
3) I will go to Lazuli and Coffeeboy's house for Pesach, where I will eat by Coffeeboy's rules, rather than mine, which can only be am improvement, let me tell you. (Having said the word Pesach, I am all of a sudden craving things like homemade bread, peanut butter, and rice, none of which I eat regularly anyway.)
4) I will go to Big Yellow for a weekend of writing retreat. Yay!
5) I will clean my house, all of it. I will clean for Pesach, but while I am at it, I will sort out closets and do all sorts of stuff like that.
6) I will get to think about my dissertation, which I think is more exciting than exams.
7) I back on the self care band wagon, in terms of diet, exercise, and doing anything other than school.
8) I will no longer have to remind myself, every day, not to call Kosher Academic and ask her to be my mommy. She is a great mommy, but she is not my mommy and neither she, nor my mommy (who I am calling more or less every day) can do a damned thing about the situation.
9) I will go back to writing non academically every day.
10) Greta Jane and I will start family therapy, to settle once and for all, who the dominant animal around here really is.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha haaa! I love that last one! :) We have a bit of that going on here with young Nell Sparks. She's losing. Ha.

KosherAcademic said...

Awwhhh! I'm sorry I can't be your mommy for a little bit, even, but I'll do what I can. Now I feel like I wasn't sensitive enough when you called last night, I'm sorry! BTW, Zoe did hit her head, which is why I had to zip off the phone like that. She's okay, but we had a minor crisis (but, thankfully, no blood!).

Greta_Jane said...

I knew that something had happened--I heard the screaming.

Don't worry--you were great.

Anonymous said...

(laughing really hard) I am soo amused that I am equated with food. Mexican rice and tostadas, anyone?

Greta_Jane said...

Well, what is really funny about being equated with food is that I have always equated you with food. it is just that it used to be me thinking of you living off of teddy grams.