Saturday, September 08, 2007

Blog Blackout

Sorry to have been a bit AWOL. Term has started. I had a lovely visit with Lazuli and Coffeeboy, about which more will appear shortly, with pictures. (Hey Lazuli, could you send me the pictures from your computer? Also, did I leave my Siddur at your house?) But since I got back, I have left my house before noon every day (Most days, at 9 which is a lot before noon) and have not gotten home before 9:30. In the time since my Tuesday return, I have

-figured out how to use the campus shuttle system (which increases my commuting time, but reduces my bills, carbon footprint, and hopefully waistline)

-rangled with the campus bookstore over books (my class was over enrolled and so we need 25 more copies of everything and the longer the books take to get here, the more behind my students get. Yes, I know they could get them from Amazon in a day.)
-taken a 3 hour translation exam, for which I had a study group
-taken public transit into the center of town only to miss a rape crisis counseling interview
-gone to an alumni event (actually, it was far more an alumnae event, but there you go)
-had 2 chorus rehearsals
-had 1 meeting with my conversion committee
-knit about 4 inches of sock and as soon as I get some new batteries (I seem to have forgotten that mine were rechargeable and thrown them out), I will show you the socks.
-researched and written half of a lecture.

I am behind on dishes, laundry, housework (anyone surprised?), and exam reading. But I am trying to be a good mother. I have been to the dog park twice.

No comments: