Monday, January 22, 2007

Bitch, PhD

I have gotten totally sucked into the blog of Bitch, PhD, which, in case inquiring minds want to never get anything done ever again, can be found at bitchphd.blogspot.com. I find myself hoping that a particular dear frriend of mine who reads this blog, at least on occaision, knows about Bitch, PhD. (Ha. Now you are all wondering to whom that comment was directed.) Bitch, PhD makes life as an academic sound so much sexier (literally and figuratively) than life as a single grad student. She has it all: a job, granted, in a place she does not want to live, bbut a job; a husband; a kid; a sexy sounding wardrobe; and time to have what sound like numerous on-line and real life affairs, which, I might add, are perfectly okay with her husband. Now, this all sounds way better than my life. In fact, I want to know how to grow into a self that could have her life. (Well, to be honest, except for the affairs. Not actually interested in actual affairs. I think I am more interested in a) the time and b) the self-confidence to have them.

I am going to get to meet (or at least see) this woman soon and I am very curious about her. But I also have to stop reading her blog and do my own damn school work so that I can get to at least some version of her position in life.

6 comments:

kris said...

Love this blog! Made my day :) I'll talk to you tonight.

kj said...

gj, i would want the affairs most of all!

:)

Greta_Jane said...

I think I would really be happy with just 1 affair, at this here moment. That may affect my attitude. Also, whether socialized or innate, I tend to be very deeply monogamous.

kj said...

i am monogamous too, gj. but that doesn't stop me from fantasizing once every ten years or so!

and yes, just one affair would do you nicely, i'll bet....except is it an affair if you're not cheating on someone? hmmm

:)

Greta_Jane said...

Sure. I think so. People talk about love affairs or affairs of the heart. I think that it is an affair if it is more intense and pershaps monogamous than dating, but not quite settled into relationship, where there is still serious courting and the like.

Greta_Jane said...

Actually, I was thinking of ES, who has a bit more of a bitch persona in real life than you do, jules.